The human body is prone to many diseases and weakness as it ages. Age-related concerns can be extremely difficult and painful. Even carrying out the most trivial of activities can induce physical or mental agony. Undoubtedly this period of life is impossible to dodge, though there are several steps that you can take to save yourself some solace through this sensitive phase. Amidst many such steps, including medical marijuana in your lifestyle is something that you must consider.
Using marijuana to treat health may sound questionable, but the increasing popularity of medical marijuana supports all the claims this ingredient makes for benefitting human health. The ongoing legalization is making it reach every other household in different forms. Being the owner of innumerable therapeutic qualities, this product enjoys the appreciation even from the medical professionals. So, incorporating it in your regular lifestyle to combat several age-related health concerns will only seek good results for you.
Unfortunately, the exposure to misconceptions related to medical marijuana has wavered its reputation. Still, with the right knowledge and application of it, one can severely reap the benefits of this ingredient. If you too are interested in getting into receiving the therapeutic benefits of this ingredient, then this complete guide to medical marijuana for seniors is your helping hand!
What is medical marijuana?
Medical marijuana is different from your regular marijuana which is commonly known as weed. As the term ‘medical’ attaches to it, the role of marijuana also changes. The traditional strains of marijuana contain intoxicating properties that lead to induce psychoactive effects in its users. On the other hand, medical marijuana works differently than this. Medical marijuana does not offer such effects to its users due to the lack or limited presence of the psychoactive cannabinoid, which is THC.
THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (Cannabidiol) are two of the most significant cannabinoids among the hundreds of them. These are especially known to contain medicinal properties within them. A majority of medical marijuana products contain either of these two, while, if it contains THC, then the amount is always present in a restricted quantity. Here are a few of the medicinal properties that the ingredient is capable of using for curing health concerns.
- Pain relieving
- Muscle relaxant
How medical marijuana treats various health conditions?
Other than known for being a relaxing agent through its recreational usage, medical marijuana can help seniors to combat a large number of health conditions. There are several health conditions that seniors acquire with age. While only limited products can help in curing several health conditions, medical marijuana works with the versatility to heal a majority of them.
- Anxiety/Depression: Seniors undergoing age variations may often find themselves under the shadows of anxiety, which may develop into severe depression. Medical marijuana does its best to keep anxious thoughts at bay through its anti-anxiolytic properties. It is also known to trigger the serotonin withing its users to enhance their overall mood.
- Parkinson’s disease: Parkinson’s disease often requires treatments that do more harm than benefit. Side-effects such as muscle spasticity, tremors, night flashes and the disability to move can be highly unpleasant for the patient. Medical marijuana might not exactly cure the disease, but it is extremely beneficial in healing the side effects of the treatments.
- Chronic Pain: Chronic pain is the most complained age-related concern that seniors suffer. It snatches the ability of stable movement from the patient while leaving them with pain in several parts of the body. Medical marijuana, with its pain-relieving properties, is a highly recommended ingredient that seniors must use to heal the stiffness. CBD oil Canada is one of the top products that patients can use to reap medicinal benefits.
- Insomnia: A disturbed sleeping pattern is the one thing that slowly disables a human with time. So, instead of sitting back all night in the hopes of getting good sleep on your own, it is only better that you try medical marijuana. Marijuana, in general, is a great sleep inducer. Medical marijuana works equally well, though a little therapeutically rather than recreationally.
- Alzheimer’s disease: Surprisingly, medical marijuana has a beneficial effect on improving the cognitive functions in its users, which can be an excellent treatment for the patients of Alzheimer’s. Medical marijuana treats the loss of appetite and depression, which is also very common under the influence of this disease.
Seeing your loved ones suffering can be extremely painful, but taking the right steps may help you a lot to reduce their agony. Now that you know how to reap the best out of medical marijuana, it is time that you get your own supply of it. You can either purchase it from the market or harvest it at home with good quality marijuana seeds. Products such as marijuana topicals, oil, edibles and tinctures are easily available but before trying these out, do not forget to get a consultation from your physician. A professional will recommend its best and safe usage.