Does your pet fall sick quite often? Are you tired of switching veterinary doctors and medicines? If you are here, it is safe to assume that your answer to either of these questions is yes. CBD is emerging as the new wellness trend for pets owing to its medicinal properties. It is helping many pet owners cure various problems and breathe a sigh of relief. If you are new to the expanding world of CBD and plan on using it for your cat or dog, here is all you need to know about it.
What is CBD?
The cannabis plant contains over 600 different chemicals, out of which there are 118 cannabinoids. It is the presence of the cannabinoids that determine how cannabis affects you. Among them, Cannabidiol (CBD) and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are the most prominent chemicals. THC is responsible for the intoxicating effects that most people experience after consuming cannabis.
CBD, on the other hand, is a non-intoxicating element. It has therapeutic properties that can help address an array of mental and physical problems. When CBD oil enters the body, it interacts with the endocannabinoid system present inside every mammal. The receptors are present in all parts of the body, and the cannabinoids bind to them to alter the mood, reaction, and immune system.
How can it benefit your pet?
- Helps alleviate pain and inflammation: If your pet is suffering an injury that causes excruciating pain and discomfort, CBD may help. CBD is known as an effective painkiller that can help relieve your pet from the debilitating pain and inflammation.
- Reduces seizures: Many dogs and cats suffer from epilepsy. It is a medical condition that can cause seizures or fits in your pet. Although there is no definite reason behind it, seizures can be due to trauma, infection, or any issue with the organs of your pet. CBD is a natural anticonvulsant and can effectively help in reducing the severity and frequency of these seizures.
- Get control over anxiety: Much like human beings, animals also suffer from diseases like anxiety and depression. Situations involving stress, abandonment, or trauma can lead to anxiety. CBD can be an easy way to calm their nerves and reduce anxiety in your pets.
- Can slow tumor growth: It is common for pets to develop a tumor. While a majority of them are benign, some can be malignant and turn into cancer. As per a study conducted at the University of Milan, the doctors administered CBD to rats with colon cancer. They reported that CBD helped stop the growth and spread of cancerous tumors.
- Promotes overall health: While many pet owners use CBD as an effective medicine to treat their beloved pets of various conditions, it can also work as a preventive measure. CBD extracted from hemp or cannabis plants is rich in essential nutrients like proteins, fats, minerals and vitamins. They can provide nourishment to your dog or cat, and keep them healthy. It can help prevent many diseases, keeping your furry friends healthy.
How can you give CBD to your dog or cat?
CBD is a versatile compound that you can use in multiple ways. Just like humans get a wide choice to pick their way of taking CBD oil, you can similarly choose one for your pet. Here are a few popular ways:
- CBD oil: The most convenient way to give CBD to your pet is through the oil. You can get your hands on the safest CBD oil from a local dispensary and administer it to your pet. All you need to do is mix a few drops of Ezra’s CBD oil in their food. Alternatively, you can apply the oil on their skin as well to reduce pain or inflammation. For more information and detailed review regarding CBD oil interaction with dogs, visit just cannabis.shop. For CBD Oil or help with CBD ask Ezra or shop his oils here.
- CBD infused edibles: Doesn’t every pet cat or dog look forward to getting treats. Well, apart from rewarding them with these unique biscuits or candies, you can also give the required dose of CBD through them. There are plenty of CBD infused treats available on the markets that allow you to provide the daily dose of CBD to your pet without any fuss.
- Topicals: If your pet is suffering from localized pain, using a CBD infused cream or balm can also work wonders for them.
For pet owners, their pets are more than just animals. If your pet is like any other family member, seeing them suffer can be an emotional journey for you as well. While there are plenty of artificial methods to aid them, it is best to rely on organic CBD as a treatment. Ezra’s oil can help. CBD does not cause any major side effects if taken in low doses, and could be a safe alternative treatment option for your pets. Get CBD products today for your furry friends to help them recover faster. Ask Ezra or try is CBD. He’s helped many pets!